tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Re: Hidden form fields not found in request
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:05:34 GMT
Hi Ashok,

Ashok Venkat wrote:
> In the below code, i am submitting a form to itself  in the onload method and changing
some hidden form field values. After the form is submitted, the hidden values are not available
in the request object.As a result, the page gets into an endless loop.

Interesting. I treied it, and Firefox stops on JavaScript error in line

   this_form.BrowserType.value = navigator.appName;

so the form never gets submitted. After adding one more hidden field:

   <input type='hidden' name='BrowserType' value='unknown!'>

everything works fine.

Regards,
Ognjen