tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <>
Subject Re: help with apache-tomcat-6.0.14 install
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:26:20 GMT wrote:
> All,
> I downloaded apache-tomcat-6.0.14 .trying to install it on AIX5.3 . I am
> not able to locate  any install doc . So I have untarted tar file which
> created directories below . I`m guessing that`s how u install it ?
> when i try to start it I get java error Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the
> JRE_HOME environment variable is defined. it`s in the path .
> I`m new to the apache-tomcat , please point to the documentation or give
> me some tips .  thanks
[cemcp62]/usr/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/bin>which java
> /usr/java14/jre/bin/java
> [cemcp62]/usr/apache-tomcat-6.0.14/bin>
1)First it looks as though you have jdk 1.4 installed. You would
probably need jdk5 or preferably jdk6. The download/install info for
JDK for AIX can be found at the following URL:

2)after installing JDK, add the following in the script file:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
Application server installation and configuration automation
for Tomcat, JBoss, and Jetty.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: