tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro <pst...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC Realm with case insensitive user name
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:03:22 GMT
Hi all,

I basically need to implement case insensitive user names, can this be
done with a servlet filter or do I need to subclass JDBC realm:

public class CustomJdbcRealm extends JDBCRealm {

      public CustomJdbcRealm() {
       super();
      }

      public Principal authenticate(String username, String credentials) {
        return super.authenticate(username.toLowerCase(), credentials);
        }
}

And in server.xml:
<Realm className="mypackage.CustomJdbcRealm" ...>

I tried this approach but get class not found exceptions, I am using
tomcat6 in development and 5.5 in production. I package this class in a
jar and drop it in the $CATALENA_BASE/server/lib folder.

Thanks
Peter