tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Strante tomcat warning - WARNING: Parameters: Character decoding failed. Parameter skipped.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:46:28 GMT
Jacob Rhoden wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Jacob Rhoden wrote:
>>> This is as far as I got. Why would the browser be encoding its requests
>>> in anything other than base64.....
>> Are you using mod_jk? There is a config that could cause this.
> We did not configure the server, our provider did.... I just checked and
> eek!! its using mod_jk2! I suspect that would be the reason.

mod_jk2!!! Are you sure. That module has been deprecated for several

mod_jk2 may be manipulating the URI. You should be aware of
CVE-2007-1860 (see In
short mod_jk URI handling created a few security holes. We didn't
check mod_jk2 for this issue.

For further reading, see
particularly the ForwardURIxxx directives.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message