tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Re: Strante tomcat warning - WARNING: Parameters: Character decoding failed. Parameter skipped.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:12:19 GMT
This is as far as I got. Why would the browser be encoding its requests
in anything other than base64. I had just wondered if this was a common
problem with a somewhat simple solution. I don't really have time to go
digging around in TCP dumps at the moment so I guess the error will have
to live on for the time being, thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Jacob

Mark Thomas wrote:
> One of the x characters in %xx is not a hex digit (0-9, A-F).
>
> Start looking at your requests (I use TcpMon from the Axis project but
> there are plenty of tools that do the same sort of thing) and see
> which of the %xx values is invalid.
>
> Are you using mod_jk at all? If so, you'll need to look at browser to
> httpd/IIS/etc and httpd/IIS/etc to Tomcat. You can turn up the log
> level to look at the mod_jk messages.

Jacob Rhoden
Application Architect
Systems Development and Integration