tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Bauer <peter.ba...@apus.co.at>
Subject All threads busy + OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:43:39 GMT

Hi all,

i thought i had solved the "All threads busy problem" by implementing a
dedicated servlet class for forwarding requests but maybe i was wrong or
there is another problem. During a loadtest last night i got the
following lines in the catalina.out:

23-Oct-2007 02:24:36 org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool logFull
SEVERE: All threads (75) are currently busy, waiting. Increase
maxThreads (75) or check the servlet status
Dumping heap to /var/log/dmc/java_pid29947.hprof ...
Heap dump file created [272845160 bytes in 6.892 secs]
23-Oct-2007 02:29:22
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space)
executing org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread@1f81efb,
terminating thread

As you can see a dumpfile of the heap has been created. Additionally the
exceptions can be found in the attached localhost_log file.

I already opened the dumpfile in Yourkit 7.0 but i have no clue how such
a dump normally looks like and how to search a memory leak.
Maybe someone could give me a hint how to track down the potential
Memory Leak.
I attached the files, please take a look at them. The compresses
heapdump file has about 5MB so i cannot send it to the mailing list, but
 can send it directly if somebody needs it.

thx,
Peter