tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: tomcat and java cache
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:08:27 GMT
loredana loredana wrote:
> I have a pretty big website that uses java cache from which it retrieves the html. So
I have a scheduled job(servlet) that get's some data from a server and stores it in a java
cache(Oscache or Ehcache for those who know it). My problem is next: whenever the server (tomcat)
is restarted, the cache is emptyed and should be "populated" when the server is back on.So
long story short...is there any way to run a servlet whenever tomcat starts? so when tomcat
starts, a servlet should be run. I don't know if that's possible but can someone tell me if
it is and how it should be done?

Implement a ServletContextListener, it has two methods, one of each of
which fire respectively when the Context is started and when it is
terminated.

You can place your cache populating code in the startup method.