tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Lipscombe <adam.lipsco...@expensys.com>
Subject How to share tomcat sessions across multiple IE windows
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:09:41 GMT
Folks

I restarted this thread because I inadvertently hijacked another.

Peter Crowther said:

"You can't.  This is a client-side problem.  As your first link says:
Use a key in the querystring, tied to a cookie or a form, if session
state across windows is a necessity."

Can you expand on how this works please? If I pass the session ID from the calling window
to the
spawned window, what do I do with it? Look up the session cookie with JavaScript? Then what?
Ideally I want the child window to share the same session.

Sorry if I am being a bit thick here....

TIA - Adam