tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Schicker <dieter.schic...@uni-graz.at>
Subject Re: tomcat iptables problem - problem kinda solved
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:15:16 GMT
Hi,

just in case someone has the same problem. It's obviously a problem with
the fwbuilder software. I know used firehol to build the rules and
everything works fine.

> What about doing "/etc/init.d/iptables stop" when the firewall is
> running. Does Tomcat then start and stop more quickly?

/etc/init.d/iptables doesn't seem to exist anymore in Debian Etch. It
seems every "firewall (builder)" has its own start/stop script.

> I find it hard to believe that the presence of the iptables kernel
> module is causing this problem. "/etc/init.d/iptables stop" should set
> all the rules to "allow everything", while the same command with "start"
> should load the rules you have configured for the host. See if that does
> anything.

Perfectly right, it has nothing to do with the presence of the iptables
kernel module.
> The important thing is that there /are/ times when it starts up quickly.
> That's good, because that means it's possible ;)

Hehe, good one! ;-)

Thanks again for your help
Dieter
> - -chris

Dieter Schicker
INIG - Department of Information Processing in the Humanities
Karl Franzens University of Graz
Merangasse 70
A-8020 Graz
Tel.: +43 316 380 8012