tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Plesk datasource setup problems
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:40:48 GMT
I am not sure how a private JVM on a VPS or on a regular shared OS can
be more difficult than the challenges you are
facing with the present shared JVM. A shared JVM is good for a very
basic JSP/Servlet application. However by its nature
(shared), you will not be able to do certain configurations required for
more complex applications because that is only possible
on your own private installation or instance. Remember on a shared JVM,
you as well as others are using the same application server instance and
JVM.
So image if everyone is able to make changes on the global configuration
file e.g. server.xml,etc.

Regards

Gabe Wong
Private JVM JAVA Hosting Automation