tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Fielek <jfie...@centriccrm.com>
Subject Re: Foreign Language on web
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:43:43 GMT
IMO, this is not tomcat specific, so reply to me off line if you want to
discuss it further.

I'm not 100% certain, but shouldn't you simply be specifying the
appropriate international character set to use for that instance of your
application? A text field is a text field, it's the character set the
determines the "language" in use. Any UTF-8 application should be able
to use the international character sets.

The secondary issue is changing your labels, etc., but that sort of
internationalization is fairly straightforward and done in lots of
applications. Our app (see: centriccrm.com -- it's open source) is set
up for internationalization and we have functional versions in a wide
variety of languages.

Thanks,

Girish Havaldar wrote:
>    Ya thats fine if the language is English, what if Japanese or  chines
> text needs to be entered, what are the things we need to provide user, so
> that user will just select the language which he wants and enters the text
> in that language.
>   I think am not representing my problem correctly.
>
> On 03/10/2007, Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

Joshua J. Fielek
Sr. Software Engineer
Centric CRM