tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <>
Subject Controlling JULI logging 1) Tomcat on its own; 2) when running under Eclipse.
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 00:24:34 GMT
I'm using a freshly unzipped install of Tomcat 5.5.25 on Windows.
1) JULI logging is automatically enabled, and is controlled by the file found in conf.
This seems to be at variance with the statement in :
        " Example file to be placed in common/classes:"
The provided example is exactly what is shipped in conf.
Is control from the location in conf the correct way to do it (i.e., I
shouldn't move it to common/classes)?
Does conf/ override common/classes/,
or the other way around?

2) I'm using Eclipse/MyEclipse for development.  It /seems/ to log
according to the shipped conf/
However, running under Eclipse appears to be immune to any changes in
conf/, and
also to placing a changed in common/classes, as if
Eclipse were keeping its own
private copy.   Is this in fact the case?  If so, is there any way to
control it?  I couldn't find anything
in the MyEclipse doc.  I'm hoping someone here knows about this.

Thanks in advance.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: