tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: New to Apache
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:59:44 GMT
I know in Thunderbird you can click on the email address of a message
and compose a new message to that person.  It's not the same as a reply
which incorporates other header information in order to perserve the
thread association.

Mark H. Wood wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 06:58:23PM -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>Tony Fountain wrote:
>>>I did not hijack a thread.  I started this one myself.
>>No you didn't. You hit reply to an old message deleted the content and
>>changed the subject. Please don't do this.
>Possibly he's an innocent victim of today's over-helpful MUAs.  If I'd
>never seen or been told about the Message-ID:, In-Reply-To:, and
>all traces of the previous thread, and I would think I'm being
>efficient by letting the MUA copy the list address for me instead of
>typing it myself.
>Authors of gooey MUAs would do well to support listmail better by, for
>example, providing a button to "send new message to the list that
>reflected this message", or enabling the association of a folder with
>an address and providing a button for "send to this folder's
>associated address".

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: