tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: why/how to use ajp connector...
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 09:10:52 GMT
loredana loredana wrote:
> Ok, my project manager asked me to set up a server with tomcat, apache and ajp connector.
This is the first time I do it and after reading some of the documentation on the ajp connector
I still can't figure out it's purpose. Can anybody tell me what is it's use? I read

> "This is used for cases
>   where you wish to invisibly integrate Tomcat 4 into an existing (or new)
>   Apache installation, and you want Apache to handle the static content
>   contained in the web application"
>
> I don't know if I understand that right. Can anybody give me a simple example?

Which documentation are you reading, and are you really using Tomcat 4?
What version of the servers are you using?

> And one more question. After reading the documentation and making the changes to the
configuration and everything, when I run my application how can I test/verify that the connector
is working? how can I determine if apache is handling the static content and not tomcat?

The access logs will show which server is delivering which content.