tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Help with Tomcat & IIS
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:32:51 GMT
you can either piggyback Tomcat on IIS like I do, or reroute port 80 requests through Tomcat.
I don't do that. I just keep it at port 8080.

People have to have a link there anyway to get to the pages or app. I don't understand the
big deal of just leaving it there myself. But some people may have certain restrictions where
that wouldn't work. For instance, their employer/network group might have (nearly) every port
but 80 shut.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Rhoden [mailto:jacob@rhoden.id.au]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:09 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help with Tomcat & IIS

Propes, Barry L wrote:
> there's lots of people who combine the two -- I currently am, because our UNIX support
group has not made the environment compatible for or with Tomcat!

Sounds like you and I have the same employer (: But seriously, I am
trying to work out the pro's and cons of standalone mode. I am wondering
why you put IIS in front of tomcat? Does IIS provide other services
apart from tomcat, or is there a specific reason?

Best Regards,
Jacob