tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat and java cache
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:10:46 GMT
Thats what listener are for, in your case ContextListener.
regards
Leon

On 10/15/07, loredana loredana <loredana888888@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a pretty big website that uses java cache from which it retrieves the html. So
I have a scheduled job(servlet) that get's some data from a server and stores it in a java
cache(Oscache or Ehcache for those who know it). My problem is next: whenever the server (tomcat)
is restarted, the cache is emptyed and should be "populated" when the server is back on.So
long story short...is there any way to run a servlet whenever tomcat starts? so when tomcat
starts, a servlet should be run. I don't know if that's possible but can someone tell me if
it is and how it should be done?