tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to increase Tomcat webserver speed?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:11:48 GMT
many interesting mails, but lacking advices :-)

i would hardly recommend you to actually measure your webapps performance.
You can use a filter to measure the request duration, and measure the
db call duration from your persistence service and by that determine
where the time is lost, db or tomcat. Whatever it is, you can
investigate further.
Most database system also offer sql statement duration logging, so you
can see which statements take how long.
It can be the markup generation, the io, the database pooling, a bad
synchronized block, inefficent loop somewhere or 1000 other possible
causes. You will know when you start to measure :-)
regards
Leon