tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Philamasophical question META-INF
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:28:31 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: Philamasophical question META-INF
>
> Storing stuff in WEB-INF should be just fine -- I would stick
> to WEB-INF instead of META-INF.

According to the Servlet spec, both WEB-INF (SRV.9.5) and META-INF
(SRV.9.6) must be protected by the container from being directly served
to clients.  (Based on the wording in the spec, a lawyer could argue
that META-INF is only protected when the app is packaged in a .war file,
if you want to be nit-picky.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.