tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: New to Apache
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:51:13 GMT
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 06:58:23PM -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Tony Fountain wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > I did not hijack a thread.  I started this one myself.
>
> No you didn't. You hit reply to an old message deleted the content and
> changed the subject. Please don't do this.

Possibly he's an innocent victim of today's over-helpful MUAs.  If I'd
never seen or been told about the Message-ID:, In-Reply-To:, and
all traces of the previous thread, and I would think I'm being
efficient by letting the MUA copy the list address for me instead of
typing it myself.

Authors of gooey MUAs would do well to support listmail better by, for
example, providing a button to "send new message to the list that
reflected this message", or enabling the association of a folder with
an address and providing a button for "send to this folder's
associated address".

Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.