tomcat-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject why/how to use ajp connector...
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:39:59 GMT
Ok, my project manager asked me to set up a server with tomcat, apache and ajp connector. This
is the first time I do it and after reading some of the documentation on the ajp connector
I still can't figure out it's purpose. Can anybody tell me what is it's use? I read

"This is used for cases
  where you wish to invisibly integrate Tomcat 4 into an existing (or new)
  Apache installation, and you want Apache to handle the static content
  contained in the web application"

I don't know if I understand that right. Can anybody give me a simple example?

And one more question. After reading the documentation and making the changes to the configuration
and everything, when I run my application how can I test/verify that the connector is working?
how can I determine if apache is handling the static content and not tomcat?

10x in advance and sorry for if the question sounds too "newby"