tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex79 <>
Subject RE: Problem with session
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:31:52 GMT

I finally found out what the problem was. There is nothing stored in the
session (I tried the SessionListener from tomcat 5.5.25 in my tomcat
version, it worked - I saw contextInitialized entries in the standard
context log) but I never saw any sessioncreated - nor destroyed - event. By
checking the source code I saw that the session (or cache) is represented as
a LinkedHashMap with an overriden removeEldestEntry method that returns true
to remove eldest entry when the size > 1000. The problem was in the client
app where some type of request would generate a new random session id at
each request. So after sending 1000+ of this type of request, the cache had
lost any other info on previous active sessions. I did not know that one of
the request would generate a new id each time...

Thanks for your help, now at least I am a bit less newbie with tomcat ;)