tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lilia" <xli...@mail2000.com.tw>
Subject Tomcat 6.0 with SSL uploads file slowly with IE6 browser
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:17:17 GMT
I have a tomcat server on windows 2003 platform, using java servlet to upload file.
It has been working well until one or two months ago.
Now this Tomcat 6.0 + HTTPS + Oreilly MultiPartRequest uploads file slowly with IE6 browser.

For testing, I create a 10M zip file and try to upload it on different browsers.

Tomcat 6.0.14 + HTTP:
IE6: ~5sec
IE7: ~3sec
FireFox: ~3sec

Tomcat 6.0.14 + HTTPS:
IE6: ~230ec
IE7: ~4sec
FireFox: ~4sec

Obviously, there is something wrong with Tomcat 6.0 + HTTPS + OReilly MultiPartRequest servlet.
After some analysis, we find the server delays when responding to client.
The data snapshot pictures are put on http://picasaweb.google.com/bearcatlilia/ServerProblem
now.
Please take a look.

In IE6, the normal response (from server to client) only takes less than 0.000001 second,
but the problem response takes 0.21875 second (and it happens every four responses).
But in IE7 or firefox, maximum response time is about 0.01 second, and it happens rarely (maybe
because of network loading, I think it can be ignored).
All the problem responses have a win=64622, but the normal responses all have win=65535.

My Tomcat SSL setting is listed below:
<Connector port="443"
 SSLEnabled="true"
 protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
 scheme="https"
 secure="true"
 clientAuth="false"
 sslProtocol="TLS"
 keystoreFile="*********************"
 keystorePass="***********"
 keystoreType="JKS"
 maxThreads="150"
 minSpareThreads="25"
 maxSpareThreads="75"
 maxPostSize="0"
 acceptCount="100"
 enableLookups="false"
 disableUploadTimeout="true" />

Do I make mistake in my SSL setting?

P.S.
It happens in Tomcat 5.5 too. I used Tomcat 5.5 before, but file uploads slowly in pure HTTP
as it does in HTTPS with IE6 (When I use other browser, everything is ok.),
so I decided to upgrade Tomcat to 6.0. However, it still has a bad speed with HTTPS. The delay
time is always from server to client.

Thanks.