tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Second webapp lib folder
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:47:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pitre, Russell" <RPITRE@shawmut.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 3:19 PM
Subject: Second webapp lib folder

Sun Java 1.5

Tomcat 5.5.17

I have a requirement to integrate Java Crystal Reporting engine into our
intranet app.  There are 69 .jar files for the Crystal reporting engine!
Count them, 69 .jar files.  I'm really hesitant to drop all of these
.jar files into the /WEB-INF/lib folder and forget about it.  I'd like
to isolate these jar files from the rest of the other jar files I have
in the webapp.

Is it possible to configure the tomcat classloaders to look at second
lib folder such as /WEB-INF/lib2?

=======================
Interesting question but I think more trouble than its worth....
>From Dev environment to compiled WAR... I think netbeans will override your
plans, anyway ;)

Also is a false sense of separation... even if in a different folder
(assuming TC would actually look down further under /webapp/libs) its still
the same classloader so if there was a conflict, it would still be there
regardless of where physically stored.

I think what you could do is rename all the Jars to say
Crystal_OriginalName.jar and then you can at least ID them... but physical
separation on disk means nothing at classloader level, so it would actually
do nothing.

Other alternative is to get the source, and create a single lib Jar of
Crystal...
My feeling not worth the effort.... ;)

Thanks

Russ