tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stéphane Hanser <>
Subject Maven And Load Balancing deployment
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:53:01 GMT
Hello everybody,

I’m currently working on a webapp using tomcat as application server. As we
got a lot of users and the server was not able to handle them all alone, we
run 2 instances of tomcat and we use load balancing through a file in apache2 directory.

I need to redeploy my application often and I would like to make it without
cutting the access to users. In order to do that, I use maven to redeploy
the application on each instance, one after the other.

This works fine but the load balancer doesn’t detect that an instance is
being unavailable and still tries to redirect to it (and it displays a blank

So here is my question: is there a way for the load balancer to detect that
it should not use one instance the time it’s being redeployed?

Thanks in advance,