tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen \(jeffrngu\)" <>
Subject RE: no protocol: Files/thirdparty/TOMCAT/common/classes/
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:23:03 GMT
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late reply. We implemented the workaround mentioned at the
bottom of for
now.  This fixed our problem.

At the same time, we also consider reinstalling tomcat under another
directory without space and see if that fixes our problem.

At this point, it seems none of the non-invasive work-arounds fixes this
issue we're having.

Thanks again for all your help.

- Jeffrey Nguyen

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz []
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:18 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: no protocol:

Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu) wrote:
> I can "cd" to all 4 paths w/o any problem (see below).
> C:\>echo %CATALINA_HOME%
> C:\Program Files\thirdparty\TOMCAT

Your CATALINA_HOME still has a space in it, jst like it has all along.
You need to actually change the value of this environment variable so
that it does not contain any spaces.

> At this point, I'm considering reinstalling Tomcat in a different
> directory as the last resort because it's involved a lot of work. I am

> looking for a workaround.

There is a very good likelihood that this will fix your problem. It
would be easier IMO to just change the environment variable's value.

- -chris

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To start a new topic, e-mail: To unsubscribe,
For additional commands, e-mail:

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: