tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen \(jeffrngu\)" <jeffr...@cisco.com>
Subject java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Files/thirdparty/TOMCAT/common/classes/
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:54:15 GMT
Hi,

I have a Tomcat servlet which communicates with a stand-alone java
application using RMI.  I got the above exception whenever my servlet
makes an RMI call.

I have the following configuration in my "catalina.policy" file:

common.loader=${catalina.home}/common/classes,${catalina.home}/common/i1
8n/*.jar,${catalina.home}/common/endorsed/*.jar,${catalina.home}/common/
lib/*.jar
where "catalina.home" is resolved to "C:/Program
Files/thirdparty/TOMCAT"

I am running Tomcat version 5.5.17.0 on windows 2003 server. JVM is
1.5.0_07-b03.  Tomcat is installed under  C:\Program
Files\thirdparty\TOMCAT

I did some Google search and found some postings similar to the ones
listed below.  They seem to suggest that I would run into this problem
if Tomcat was installed under a directory with spaces in it.

http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1346101
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5210992&tstart=30
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200207.mbox/%3C20020
716152252.12340.qmail@nagoya.betaversion.org%3E
http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1346069

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a known issue or if I
am doing anything wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

- Jeffrey