tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Walter, Patrick A" <Patrick.A.Wal...@usa-spaceops.com>
Subject RE: WAR File Not Expanded
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:59:11 GMT
I thought about that but it seems that Tomcat would do that for you.
thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 7:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: WAR File Not Expanded

> From: Walter, Patrick A [mailto:Patrick.A.Walter@usa-spaceops.com]
> Subject: RE: WAR File Not Expanded
>
> The war file will expand when there is no existing
> directory for that application. But when there is an
> existing directory, the war file does not get expanded.

So delete the directory as part of your redeployment procedure.  You may
also want to clean out the webapp's subdirectory under the work
directory to get rid of old versions of compiled JSPs.  I believe the
standard manager webapp and the ant scripts already do this (but I
haven't checked lately).

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.