tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Preus...@encoway.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat, IIS and Authentication
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:54:16 GMT
Hi!

Actually, I want it to work the other way round, i.e. we don't have a java application login
page because the user is authenticated via the .Net application (-> via IIS and integrated
windows authentication). We integrated our java application to that windows (Asp.Net) application.
If the user saves something on our page f.ex., we call an Asp.Net site for that we need the
username / password for IIS. But we didn't know how to retrieve those information on java
side. What we tried was the NTLM filter for Tomcat which seems to authenticate, but how can
we establish an URLConnection to IIS with the right credentials:

|   Java    | 	----Request----> 	|  Java   |   ----URL Connection----> 	| Asp.Net |
----authenticate----> IIS
|Application|		        	|Connector|		Problem: How to 	     	|Connector|
infos ----- WebService

It's getting clearer now :-/ ?