tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Lopilato" <joe_lopil...@symantec.com>
Subject unable to change tomcat 5.5.20 session manager to PersistentManager
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:34:50 GMT
Hi All:

I am using tomcat version 5.5.20 and am having problems configuring a
persistent session manager.

I added the following to the <context> element in the context.xml file
located in the tomcat_home/conf directory:

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
maxInactiveInterval="60" processExpiresFrequency="1" >
	<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore" />
</Manager>

In order to test whether the above manager configuration changes were
successful, I made the following calls from within my servlet:

  System.out.println( "session expir duration: " +
session.getMaxInactiveInterval() );
  System.out.println( "session :" + session.getClass());

and got the following results which indicate the above manager
configuration was ignored:
	session expir duration: 1800
	session :class org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade

Based on output to the IDE console window, it is clear that context.xml
is being properly parsed. I also noticed that I am able to successfully
set the session-timeout from the web.xml file.

Can anyone tell me whether I have stumbled upon a bug or if I am missing
a configuration step?

Thanks in advance,
Joe