tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "form post" <formp...@hotmail.com>
Subject JSessionId
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:24:03 GMT
Question about the url parameter, jsessionid.

As far as I can tell this should only appear if I have cookie disable.

However, I am getting this parameter when cookies are enabled.

I have a pretty simple web app. However, my index.jsp redirects to page that
is behind the dispatch controller.  eg. index.jsp contains this line.
<c:redirect url="welcome.action"/>

This causes my tomcat (version 6) to append the jsessionid to the url as
well as adding a cookie.

Why does this happen? And how can I stop the jsessionid appearing on the
url.

Thanks