tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Download problem with IE6, IIS 6.0, SSL, Tomcat 6.0.13 and connector1.2.25 (last in date) on Windows Server 2k3
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:27:29 GMT
good point--

also check your supported types of compressableMimeType

have you observed this behaviour with other agents or just IE6?

M--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: Download problem with IE6, IIS 6.0, SSL, Tomcat 6.0.13 and
connector1.2.25 (last in date) on Windows Server 2k3

> From: Baldurien [mailto:baldurien@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Download problem with IE6, IIS 6.0, SSL, Tomcat
> 6.0.13 and connector1.2.25 (last in date) on Windows Server 2k3
>
> I've found a reason to my problem : I was sending a Content-Length
> header, albeit I was using GZIP Compression.
>
> What I do not understand, is why the browser could get the content on
> tomcat despise that header, and why the connector could not?

What is the value of the compression attribute for the HTTP <Connector>
in your Tomcat configuration?  The default value is "off", which (I'm
guessing) would inhibit compression despite other settings.  I don't see
a corresponding attribute for the AJP connector, so that might be a
factor in the observed behavior.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.