tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat and JSTL
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:04:27 GMT
> From: John Langan [mailto:langanj@homes.com]
> Subject: Tomcat and JSTL
>
> I am having difficulty in getting Tomcat to understand JSTL
> tags and the JSP Expression Language.

Do the JSTL examples that come with Tomcat work?

> I have standard.jar and jstl.jar files in
> C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.25\common\lib

Not the best place for those.  They should go into your webapp's
WEB-INF/lib directory, just as is done with webapps/jsp-examples
distributed with Tomcat.  Placing them in a shared location may cause
classloader conflicts.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.