tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: 100% cpu usage by "VM Thread" in tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:30:28 GMT
> From: Lindsay Patten [mailto:BLindsayPatten@netscape.net]
> Subject: Re: 100% cpu usage by "VM Thread" in tomcat
>
> I need to figure out how to reproduce the situation out of
> the production server to see how I can use it...

For an initial check, set -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote for the Tomcat
startup, and run JConsole when you see the problem.  (You could probably
run this all the time; it won't consume much in the way of CPU
resources.)  This will at least let you see if the heap is full and if
any long-running GCs occur.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.