tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Farm Deployment and Statistics
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:02:23 GMT
> From: bajistaman [mailto:bajistaman@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Farm Deployment and Statistics
>
> I was reading about JMX and Tomcat and I wonder if is it
> better (more secure?) to do it at the low level as you
> suggested or by using the JMX API?

I think using JMX would make it more complicated and may well decrease
security since there would be yet another port open into Tomcat; others
may have differing opinions.

However, your reference to JMX did remind me of Lambda Probe
(www.lambdaprobe.org), which is a very useful Tomcat monitoring tool.
I've never tried it in a Tomcat clustering environment, but it does
appear to have some support for that.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.