tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tc & xmlhttprequest
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:57:33 GMT
Hi David
Thanks this is EXACTLY the syntax I was looking for and doing precisely what I expect.

David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote: If you are linking from inside a jsp page and
using jsp spec 1.2+ /
servlet spec 2.4+, you can do this:

src="${request.contextPath}/intPages/myScripts.js">

The comment is there if you are using xml valid jsp to prevent tomcat
from collapsing the script tag and breaking it in IE.

The EL expression ${request.contextPath} fetches the context path live
so you don't have to hard code.  Otherwise this is a server relative
path and the client will automagically add the
http://[servername]:[port] part.

--David

Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Any tips on serving a ajax page with tomcat?  I am now calling the page with a jsp:forward
outside of the web-inf.  Do I also have to fully unc path to the *.js files, like src=localhost:8080/context/intPages/myScripts.js
?