tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ghodmode <ghodm...@ghodmode.com>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError, Tomcat isn't seeing JARs in webapps/<appname>/lib?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:12:03 GMT
On 9/4/07, Per Johnsson <Per.Johnsson@omxgroup.com> wrote:

> Just a quick one, how do you start Tomcat? Is it another user? Does the
> directories/apps have the correct rights. And does Tomcat/java have the
> necessery rights to read, and run?

Hi Per,  I start Tomcat using $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh and stop it with
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh.  I untarred the Tomcat installation with a
normal user (ie: not root) and I start and stop it with the same user that
untarred it.  It's in a normal directory inside of my home directory.

Thank you,
    Vince