tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tremal Naik" <tremaln...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get Request from RequestFacade
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:43:08 GMT
Hello,
I'v been using a valve to perform license checking in my web
application. The method invoke(Request request, Response response) had
access to the Request and Response objects, allowing me to perform
some advanced operations. For instance, I made use of instructions
like:

Session catalinaSession = request.getSessionInternal(false);
catalinaSession.access();

or

Session[] managedSessions = request.getContext().getManager().findSessions();

Now, I'm moving the license validation code to a Filter. How do I
access org.apache.catalina.connector.Request/Response in the method
doFilter()? I see that I can only cast to a RequestFacade object:

public void doFilter(ServletRequest sRequest, ServletResponse
sResponse, FilterChain chain)
         throws IOException, ServletException
   {
      RequestFacade cRequest = (RequestFacade) sRequest;

but now, I cannot use the Facade to access the Request. How can I
solve this problem? Is it desirable accessing Catalina specific object
from a Filter? Should I rewrite my code/ redesign my license
validation framework? It is a very complex one, hance it may require
some effort. May you redirect me to some useful articles/resources?

Many thanks

--
TREMALNAIK