tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 Stops Responding
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:05:17 GMT
Yup.... that's what I thought was happening.  When all threads are busy,
tomcat can't accept any more requests.  To an extent tomcat still
accepts some request and waits for a thread to free up but eventually
it'll reject the requests with a 50x error.

Either the tomcat service is legitimately overloaded (over 250
concurrent requests) or a design issue is preventing threads from being
freed for new requests.  You'll have to do some profiling to determine
which it is and the best way to fix it.  Also see Chuck Caldarale's
message regarding potential causes to look for.

--David