tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Franck Borel <bo...@ub.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject Re: Filter GET and POST
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:28:19 GMT
Hi Christopher,

>>> I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, since
>>> servlets do not really distinguish between GET and POST parameters --
>>> the API abstracts that complexity away from your code.
>> If I change the request from POST to GET the Servlet works. I have no
>> possibility to change the Servlet behind.
>
> When you say "does not work", what do you mean? What happens when you
> use POST?

I don't know if you know Shibboleth. This is the servlet (IdP = Identity
Provider) who lies behind. The servlet accepts only GET requests and brakes down
if I send him a POST request.

> It would be (somewhat) trivial to accept a POST request on one URL and
> then forward (or redirect, I suppose) to another URL with the POST
> parameters converted into GET parameters. It's up to you to find out if
> a filter can do this properly, or even if that's what you want to do.

I found a solution: I send the user back to the same address via sendRedirect.
Now my filter works fine with the IdP behind. Thanks for your support!

-- Franck