tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Franck Borel <bo...@ub.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat crash @ midnight - but why?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:13:05 GMT
Hi Martin,

one problem could be insufficient RAM you assigned to Tomcat.
How much RAM have you set to your Tomcat? You can set a minimum of RAM while you
set a file called setenv.bat in C:\{CATALINA_HOME}\bin\ for example like this:

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms256M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M"

An other idea: Are you using Xerces for you applications? There is common bug in
the standard Xerces library from SUN, how causes memory leaks.

But I would first take a look to your VMware server. Have you any possibility to
take a copy of your Tomcat on a real machine?

-- Franck

Martin Cavanagh schrieb:
> Thanks Alexey.
>
> Notifications only :(
>
> Keep the ideas coming guys!
>
> just to to check - there is no hidden setting in Tomcat which says -
> shut me down at midnight sometimes for an inexplainable reason?
>
> Martin
>
> Alexey Solofnenko wrote:
>> Maybe it is caused by automatic Windows Update. Did you check it?
>>
>> - Alexey.
>>
>> Martin Cavanagh wrote:
>>> Hi guys, I'm still having this problem.
>>>
>>> Its happened 3 times now.  Always at exactly midnight.  21.09, 25.09
>>> and 26.09.
>>>
>>> We have VM Ware Server as the hardware - could this cause the problem?
>>>
>>> I have a firewall on the machine with only the HTTPS port open.
>>>
>>> In the config file there is the standard AJP port (8009) - what does
>>> this actually do?
>>>
>>> Hardware : VM Ware Server
>>> OS: Win 2003
>>> Tomcat Version: 5.5.23
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Martin

 It was

JRE

 I can't
Tomcat

Beste Grüße

Franck Borel

Dipl.-Hyd. Franck Borel            Telefon: +49[0]761-203 3908
Universitätsbibliothek             Fax    : +49[0]761-203 3987
Werthmannsplatz 2                  E-Mail : borel@ub.uni-freiburg.de
                                    WWW    : http://www.ub.uni-freiburg.de
D-79098 Freiburg