tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel M Garland <daniel.garl...@titanemail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Host and dynamic webapp reloading
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:15:12 GMT
Hi Chris,

I have three virtual hosts that I want to have hosting a webapp on the
default path. Each host has a few aliases for subdomains etc. So I don't
really want to have ROOT.war in CATALINA_HOME/webapps, partly because I
want to keep the manager app and partly because I would have a ROOT.war
files for each host, so I think you're saying

CATALINA_HOME/webapps
                      /myapp1/ROOT
                      /myapp2/ROOT
                      /myapp3/ROOT

So I would've thought that I'd have the appBase of each host be
myappX/ROOT, but what would the corresponding context.xml be? Does it
actually work holding this file in /conf, I'm not sure about having this
in the webapp, is it standard to have a META-INF/context.xml or is that
a Tomcat thing?

Thanks for all the input so far folks