tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Franck Borel <bo...@ub.uni-freiburg.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.20 Stops Responding
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:39:33 GMT
Hi Etienne,

Etienne Lacombe schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Setup
>    Linux
>    Tomcat 5.5.20
>    Java 1.6

Two ideas:
(1) I am not shure if Tomcat 5.5.20 is compatible with Java 1.6.
(2) Turn on the AccessLogValve in your server.xml config file, so you can see if
the client requests attain your Tomcat. If not I would assume this has nothing
to do with Tomcat. So I would check the firewall.

-- Franck

> I would like some help in locating the cause of a problem on a Tomcat 5.5.20
> server.
>
> The server runs fine for some days and then suddenly stops responding to
> requests - the client's browser waits for a respond and times out.
>
> On the server, there is no CPU usage. However, when trying to access any of
> the webapps, including the Manager, they all time out.
>
> We tried connecting to the JVM using the JConsole and we don't get a response
> to that either.
>
> I went through all the log files and could not find any significant error (no
> out-of-memory, etc). Only a few error in our program but nothing that would
> cause the whole server to freeze up. There were a few socket connection error
> but they were not near the time of the freeze per what I could see.
>
> If anybody could help me by directing me to what else I should look for, that
> would be greatly appreciated!
>

> Etienne

Beste Grüße

Franck Borel

Dipl.-Hyd. Franck Borel            Telefon: +49[0]761-203 3908
Universitätsbibliothek             Fax    : +49[0]761-203 3987
Werthmannsplatz 2                  E-Mail : borel@ub.uni-freiburg.de
                                    WWW    : http://www.ub.uni-freiburg.de
D-79098 Freiburg