tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel M Garland <daniel.garl...@titanemail.com>
Subject DeltaManager cannot receive message through TCP channel in Tomcat cluster
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:26:16 GMT
Hi all,

I've been running two Tomcat 5.5.20 servers in a cluster for some time
on Mac OSx but we've recently moved to 64-bit architecture (Debian etch)
. I tried as far as possible to keep the config the same, so only the OS
has changed (and I also got the Apache Portable Runtime going). However
since moving to this new setup I'm starting to see the following
messages in my catalina.out:

25-Sep-2007 16:35:11 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager
messageReceived
SEVERE: Manager []: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.mycompany.someSerialiazbleObject

and sometimes in other web apps I see instead of ClassNotFoundException:

java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.mycomapny.someOtherSerializableObject; local class incompatible:
stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -1393554805485899996, local class
serialVersionUID = 8444624889687850885

Now I did some homework here and I've tried the following without success:

1) I've compiled the java files on the server's themselves, so I am sure
that the correct class versions are being used
2) The object implements java.io.Serializable, and has a generated
serial ID from Eclipse. Incidentally, this Long value matches the local
class serialVersionUID, so I have no idea where the 'stream'
serialVersionUID comes from.
3) I have the same code running on both the Tomcat servers.

What I would like to know is where I am supposed to look next for some
answers to this problem. Is there any more information from my config
that would be relevant to post here?

Thanks in advance, my first 'tomcat-users' post :)

Dan Garland
daniel.garland@NO-SPAMtitanemail.com

-- Stack Trace --
25-Sep-2007 16:35:11 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager
messageReceived
SEVERE: Manager []: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.mycompany.someSerialiazbleObject
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:574)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ReplicationStream.resolveClass(ReplicationStream.java:84)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1538)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1460)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1693)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1299)
         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest$AttributeInfo.readExternal(DeltaRequest.java:334)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaRequest.readExternal(DeltaRequest.java:246)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.loadDeltaRequest(DeltaManager.java:697)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.handleSESSION_DELTA(DeltaManager.java:1572)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageReceived(DeltaManager.java:1522)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.messageDataReceived(DeltaManager.java:1271)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener.messageReceived(ClusterSessionListener.java:85)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.receive(SimpleTcpCluster.java:1167)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ClusterReceiverBase.messageDataReceived(ClusterReceiverBase.java:426)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.io.ObjectReader.execute(ObjectReader.java:107)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.drainChannel(TcpReplicationThread.java:138)
         at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.TcpReplicationThread.run(TcpReplicationThread.java:69)