tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: AJP Flush Packet causing text/plain output
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:39:09 GMT
Larry Reisler wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  There is a holiday here right now, so I'm not sure if I will
be able to get to file the Bugzilla issue before the holiday break.

> We tried a few different versions of mod_jk (the early ones had other issues), but all
the latest ones showed the problem.  We are currently using mod_jk 1.2.25.

> In desperation, I was able to create a patch to mod_jk that seems to prevent the symptom
from occurring.  Here is the diff for the file jk_ajp_common.c:
> 1742,1751d1741
> <         // Removing extra flush buffer if we do not need it.
> <         if (headeratclient == JK_FALSE) {
> <             int code = (int)jk_b_pget_byte(op->reply,0);
> <             unsigned int len = (unsigned int)jk_b_pget_int(op->reply,1);
> <             if ((code == JK_AJP13_SEND_BODY_CHUNK) && (len == 0)) {
> <                 jk_log(l, JK_LOG_DEBUG, "Received flushbuffer -- ignoring");
> <                 continue;
> <

Thanks for the patch. I'll check and likely commit. The core problem
maybe is inside the Tomcat AJP connector (shouldn't send flush packets
before sending headers) or in the webapp (which might trigger flushes to
early), but it will be definitely good to be tolerant on the JK side.

Thanks!

Regards,

Rainer