tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: ??: could two tomcat servers have mutual authentication?
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 04:14:32 GMT
quanxin zhu wrote:
> Could you explain it in detail?

You have written the code to call a web service. You need to write
additional code to pass a certificate.

> where could I find the instruction to modify the code to implement this
> function?

Goggle woudl be a good place to start.

> I have another questions, when navigate a servlet using browser, the tomcat
> server could trasfer the certification to browser automatically,
> why cannot it transfer the certification to other tomcat servers for
> authentication?

Because in Tomcat to browser communciation Tomcat is acting as the
server and Tomcat includes code to pass the certificate to the client in
this case.

When you write a servlet that calls a web service, your servlet is
acting as a client and you have to hand code the SSL aspects in the same
way as every other aspect of the web service client.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message