tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lindsay Patten <BLindsayPat...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: 100% cpu usage by "VM Thread" in tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:23:48 GMT
Looking at the cpu times, top says that pid 324 has used over 900
minutes of cpu time, none of the other tomcat threads have used more
than 9 minutes.  When the system is grinding it is pid 324 that is
listed as 97% of cpu with no other java threads on screen.  The problem
may be caused by something in my code but the cpu activity appears to be
taking place in that system thread. Garbage collection seems to be the
most obvious candidate. I'm not sure where to go with that conclusion, I
received a reference to GCViewer, but I need to figure out how to
reproduce the situation out of the production server to see how I can
use it...

Further suggestions very welcome!

Thanks,
    Lindsay