tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Funk <a...@alexfunk.de>
Subject How to control encoding of response.sendRedirect? (Tomcat 5.5.17)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:35:48 GMT
Hi,

if I use HTTPServletResponse.sendRedirect with a String that contains an
URL with Unicode characters, the Location-Header contains the characters
encoded in ISO-8859-1. I have set URIEncoding="UTF-8" in my connector in
server.xml, since other links in my webapp use this encoding, so that's
what I want also from my redirect URLs. Is there a way to let the
redirect URL be encoded in an other encoding or should the URL be always
encoded with java.net.URLEncoder before calling 'sendRedirect'? I'm
searched the servlet spec and the web, but am still clueless.

Best regards,

Alex