tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.7 stop responding on HP-UX
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:36:27 GMT
Hello,

we encountered this problem with a tomcat 5.5.7 running on HP-UX. The
server simply stopped responding. Amongst normal log from our webapps is
those lines that were the last proof of life in tomcat:

Sep 13, 2007 10:14:15 AM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
processSocket
SEVERE: Socket error caused by remote host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx *removed*
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument (errno:22)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketSetOption(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:240)
        at java.net.Socket.setTcpNoDelay(Socket.java:781)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.setSocketOptions(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:502)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:514)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

This tomcat has been working ok since last restart 3 days ago (scheduled
restart). However, this is the second time this month tomcat stops
responding and we have to kill it's process. This time, trying to get a
dump stack (kill -3) even crashed the JVM. Did someone already encounter
a similar situation?

Any help appreciated to locate problem.

David Delbecq

--