tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat updata problem
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:26:57 GMT
Thanks for the additional info.  First and foremost, I have to say
remove servlet.jar and any servlet-api or jsp-api jars from your
WEB-INF/lib folder.  They are as the error indicates not allowed in your
webapp.

The part of the stack mentioning this file:
forecast_002dtest_002ddefault_jsp.java

indicates the problem is in forcast-test-default.jsp and near that spot
on the stack trace indicates it has to do with a tiles insert tag.  That
tag appears to be  attempting to perform an import of another jsp file.
Are there any relevant exceptions before that?  This seems to imply to
me there's another error in the works in the imported jsp file.

--David