tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: tc & xmlhttprequest
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:32:30 GMT
No comment on the whole bean construct other than to say that's too
complicated for my tastes.

My personal preference on the whole resources inside of WEB-INF front is
to just place the resources outside of WEB-INF.  Then configure a
security constraint or write a filter on the request to handle access
control.  Just seems easier to me.

--David

Chris Pat wrote:
> Hi David
> I did it partially this way, and it works. My objects in the js file are executing.

> <bean:page id="context" property="request"/>
> <bean:define id="myServletContext">http://<bean:write name="context"  property="serverName"/>:<bean:write
name="context" property="serverPort"/><bean:write name="context" property="contextPath"/>/</bean:define>

>   <title>decarta javascript api example</title>
>   <script language="JavaScript"  type="text/javascript" src="<bean:write name="myServletContext"/>/extPages/myScripts.js"><!--
--></script>

> However I still get the "Permission denied to call XMLHttpRequest.open...  I thought
by putting a jsp:forward outside my WEB-INF and calling it internally from localhost I would
avoid that and worry about how to access it from Internet; now I first have to get around
this security issue on localhost so I can test and ass-ume it will also allow access from
browsers externally.